Starting a nutrient-dense diet prior to conception is so important. Here are some reasons why.
- Eating nutrient-dense will give you better hormone balance.
- You need good fats (nuts, seeds, avocados) to make hormones. (so forget the low-fat trend, just make sure you eat healthy plant-based fats.)
- Better hormone balance leads to regular ovulation which is a must for fertility.
- Ingesting large amounts of antioxidants can help protect the egg and sperm from damage caused by free radicals.
- It boosts immunity to fight off infections.
- Helps build up micronutrient stores (vitamin, minerals, phytochemicals) that are needed for every day body processes but also during times of stress. (I wish baby-making wasn’t stressful. I wish it was all boom-chicka-bow-wow….but let’s be real…it can be a major source of stress for couples.)
- Like I have said before, you probably won’t know that you are pregnant until the baby’s organs have already started growing. You need a good store of micronutrients to help grow a healthy baby.